FNSSS00004 – BAS Agent Skill Set
FNSSS00004 – BAS Agent Skill Set is designed for persons who are seeking registration as a business activity statement (BAS) agent with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB).
This skill set is nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
- be 18 years or older;
- LLN – This is an on-line correspondence course so you need to have basic English reading and writing skills, or higher. As such, entry to the course requires English proficiency equivalent to Australian Year 10 evel, a NRT or Trade qualification at the Certificate II level or higher, or 2 years of industry work experience. Numeracy are required to a basic level e.g. calculations with calculators.
Computer and Internet
You will need access to a computer and the internet to complete this course.
Once enrolled, you will be emailed your login details to the learning management system. You can
then access your course materials immediately.
In addition, the following software and hardware may be required depending on subjects being
- Broadband Internet Connection
- Internet explorer version 6 or above, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome
- Microsoft Office 2007 or later
- Minimum 2GB of Ram
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
- You will also need access to a phone, printer, photocopier and scanner
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher
- Camera (Optional)
Specific requirements for Mac OS users:
- Mac OS X v 10.5 or higher (Mac OS X v 10.6 or higher is recommended)
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster Intel processor (2GHz or faster recommended)
Specific requirements for Windows users:
- Microsoft Windows XP or higher (Windows 7 or higher is recommended)
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor (2GHz or faster recommended)
Persons seeking BAS agent registration should check with the TPB for details of current registration requirements, including those relating to experience and, fitness and propriety.
Online learning – Self Paced
Your training program is delivered via online self-paced learning. Candidates are guided through the program with the assistance self-instructed learning materials, and online support from a Workforce Training & Development trainer/assessor.
- Face to Face (by arrangement only)
The training program can be delivered to groups via face to face classroom delivery. As a part of the group you will be guided through the program by a Workforce Training & Development Trainer.
Online learning – Self Paced
As the course is online and self-paced, completion rate is at the learner’s discretion. However, learner should aim to complete one unit per month with a total completion time limit of 6 months. An extension can be purchased should further time be required to complete the qualification at an extension fee of AU$ 150 per month or AU$ 350 for 3 months.
Recommended hrs of study is 15 to 18 hrs per week
Where the learner cohort consists of new entrants or inexperienced workers, they may require a longer timeframe of 23 hrs or more per week
Face to Face
As per arrangements
To achieve FNSSS00004 BAS Agent Registration Skill Set, 2 units must be successfully completed
|FNSBKG404 – Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to identify and apply compliance requirements to effectively process and complete business activity statements (BAS), instalment activity statements (IAS) and other required reports.It applies to individuals who use a range of organisational and analytical techniques to work within organisations or to supply specific bookkeeping services as a small business owner or contractor.
|FNSBKG405 – Establish and maintain a payroll system
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to record and prepare payroll documentation, respond to enquiries and process accurate payroll data for manual and computerised systems. It applies to individuals who use a range of organisational and other specialist techniques. They may work directly for organisations or be small business owners, contractors or service providers.
You will be provided access to learning materials including:
- Learners Guide
- Learners additional resources
- Website Links
- Revision Quizzes
- Additional assessment resources
PAY UPFRONT: You have the option to pay course fees upfront utilising either credit card
payment or through PayPal.
PAYMENT PLAN: Alternatively, you have the option of entering into a payment plan based on
monthly or per unit payment
Online learning self-paced – AU$ 750
- Students who notify to cancel their enrolment within 5 days of commencement of course/unit and the resources are not downloaded from our Learning Management System can get a full refund however an administration enrolment fee of $250 will be retained.
- Students who notify to cancel their enrolment after 5 days of commencement of course/unit and prior to 1 month will receive a refund of 75% of course fees excluding the enrolment fee of AU$250.
- Students who cancel their enrolment after 1-month of the commencement of training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees of any fees paid in advance.
The amount retained by Workforce Training & Development is required to cover the costs of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the student’s initial intention to undertake the training.
To successfully complete the course, you will be required to complete a range of assessment
activities to test
b) Specific and
c) Performance based knowledge
Assessment may take the form of written, oral questioning, case studies, workplace observations, or
third party reports.
Assessment is used to provide candidates with feedback on their progress and to measure their skills
and knowledge against the training qualification requirements and those of the industry.
Candidates successfully completing the course will receive a Statement of Attainment FNSSS00004 – BAS Agent Registration Skill Set.